It is time for another book haul. I am so excited to share these books with you.
- Roseblood by A.G. Howard. This book is a phantom of the opera retelling and I am super excited to read it. Synopsis: In this modern day spin on Leroux’s gothic tale of unrequited love turned to madness, seventeen-year-old Rune Germain has a mysterious affliction linked to her operatic talent, and a horrifying mistake she’s trying to hide. Hoping creative direction will help her, Rune’s mother sends her to a French arts conservatory for her senior year, located in an opera house rumored to have ties to The Phantom of the Opera.
At RoseBlood, Rune secretly befriends the masked Thorn—an elusive violinist who not only guides her musical transformation through dreams that seem more real than reality itself, but somehow knows who she is behind her own masks. As the two discover an otherworldly connection and a soul-deep romance blossoms, Thorn’s dark agenda comes to light and he’s forced to make a deadly choice: lead Rune to her destruction, or face the wrath of the phantom who has haunted the opera house for a century, and is the only father he’s ever known.
- The Assassins Blade by Sarah J. Maas. I will not give a synopsis for this book because it is part of a series, but it is a prequel novella to The Throne of Glass series. It follows Celaena Sardothien before the events of The Throne of Glass series. I am also super excited to read this book.
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. I am so happy to now own all of the Sarah J. Maas books that are out so far. She is one of my favorite authors and I cannot wait to get to the fifth book in the series.
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. I have heard many things about this book, both good and bad. I really hope I enjoy it. I loved Divergent and even though I heard very mixed things about this book I am still excited to read it. Synopsis: In a galaxy powered by the current, everyone has a gift.
Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power — something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows.
Akos is the son of a farmer and an oracle from the frozen nation-planet of Thuvhe. Protected by his unusual currentgift, Akos is generous in spirit, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get this brother out alive — no matter what the cost.
The Akos is thrust into Cyra’s world, and the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. Will they help each other to survive, or will they destroy one another?
Carve the Mark is Veronica Roth’s stunning portrayal of the power of friendship — and love — in a galaxy filled with unexpected gifts.
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. I never owned the fifth book in the series. I read it from the library. It always looked weird to me because I ad 1-4 and 6 but not 5. But now I do. Since this is the fifth book in the series though I will not give a synopsis.
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I have heard many good things about this book. I am super excited to read this one. It sounds amazing and the cover is also fantastic. Synopsis: When kingdom come, there will be one.
In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.
But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.
The last queen standing gets the crown.
I am super excited to get to and read all the books I got this month. This semester though is very hectic so I am hoping to have time to read some of my books. What books have you got recently? Comment down below.