For those of you who don’t know my favorite Genre is Fantasy. This was hard because fantasy for a lot of people is a hard genre to get into. Anyway here is my list.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I know, but honestly it is a good start. Twilight is a Urban fantasy which if you haven’t read yet I would be surprised. I think that this book is a good introduction to fantasy.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This is also a Urban fantasy I think. This is a great fantasy book series to start with especially if you are looking for a longer series with companion series to the original series.
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. This is just an amazing book series. I think this is a good introduction to fantasy in literature.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. If you like fairy tales going for a fairy tale retelling might just be the best place to start for you. This is also one of the best series I have read.
- I couldn’t not mention this series. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I think a majority of people got there fantasy start with Harry Potter.
That was my top 5 books I think would be a great introduction to fantasy.