Monthly Recommendations has been around for a year now so as a special anniversary this months recommendations is going to be a tag. All the parts in the tag have been previous Monthly Recommendations topics. Here is a link to the goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/168259-monthly-recommendations .
- An Underrated book? I think that The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings needs far more ratings then it has. It is an amazing book and I really loved it.
- A book set in school? For this one I had to pick Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It is such an amazing book and it is by far one of my favorite contemporary books that I have read.
- A Creepy Book? I haven’t really read many creepy books but for this one I am going to pick Sea of Shadows by Kelly Armstrong because there is a moment in this book which is definitely creepy.
- A trilogy? For this one I picked The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. I have only read the first two books in this trilogy so far but I loved them. I cannot wait to pick up the third and final book in the series.
- A book you think others should read asap? I wanted to say A Court of Mist and Fury but its a sequel so I decided instead to go with Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. This book is so unique in how it is written so I think everyone should read it.
- A fantasy book? A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas because I had to recommend it somewhere. I loved this book even more than I loved the first. What Sarah did with the story line in this book I found to be incredible. I do have a review for this book so if you want to more about what I thought you can check that out.
- A book with little to no romance? The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. I actually really enjoyed the fact that there wasn’t any major romance aspects in this book. I do recommend this book if you like high fantasy.
- A standalone? Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. This book was a surprise to me. I have read a Sarah Dessen book in the past an I didn’t really enjoy it, but this book blew my mind. I was so surprised how much I actually loved this book so I had to pick this one to recommend.
- Your favorite survival story? Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I heard a lot of mixed reviews on this book before I read it so I went into this book not expecting to much and I absolutely enjoyed it. I liked the main character in this book and I hope that when I read the second book that things go well.
- Your favorite book friendship? I had to pick the golden trio from Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. Of course in the Cursed Child I am also liking the friendship between Scorpious and Albus.
- A book that is set outside of the US or features travel? Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. This book is set in England and it features travel. I really enjoyed this book and I also loved the movie.
- A book with your favorite empowering female character? Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I couldn’t not pick Celaena Sardothien, she is so much in one character.
That was this months Monthly Recommendations topic. I really enjoyed this tag topic and am excited to do more Monthly Recommendations group topics in the future.