This month the Monthly Recommendations group is talking about empowering female characters in books. I was really excited to do this monthly recommendations topic. Also I would like to mention the two creators of monthly recommendations Kayla Rayne (Kayla Rayne) and Trina (BetweenChapters). Their youtube channel names are in the brackets.
- Celaena Sardothein from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.
- Isabelle Lightwood from the Mortal Instruments by Casandra Clare. I really liked Isabelle. I even liked her more then Clary. I found that Isabelle was a really strong female character.
- Hazel Grace Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
- Mare Barrow from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.
- All of the girls from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
- Meadow from the Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings.
- Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
All of these characters I thought were very empowering females. What are some of your favorite empowering females in literature?