This month the monthly recommendations group is recommending books based on friendships that occur in the book/book series.
- Puck and Meghan from the Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa. I loved the friendship between these too, even though I wished for something more between them. Puck was always there and will always be there for Meghan and that is what counts in a friendship.
- Sydney and Layla from Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. I loved the friendship between Sydney and Layla. Layla was there when Sydney needed her the most, and Sydney was there when Layla needed her the most with fries. Saint Anything isn’t just my favorite Sarah Dessen book but it also has one of my favorite friendships.
- Lola and Lindsey from Lola and the Boy Next Door b Stephanie Perkins. Lola and Lindsey are perfect best friends. Lola can be herself around Lindsey and Lindsey can be herself around Lola. This is an example of a perfect friendship.
- Clary and Simon from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. The friendship between Simon and Clary is sweet and loving. It also leads to many life changes in both Simon’s and Clary’s life.
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. This one is pretty obvious.
- Anne and Diana from Anne of Green Gables. I couldn’t not mention them. This is one of my favorite book friendships in any book. Not to mention Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books of all time. It was also one of the first chapter books I had ever read. I still reread it to this day. Even in the movies Anne and Diana’s friendship is played as one of the most important parts in the story.
These are my favorite book friendships. What is your favorite book friendship?